Ooni Pizza Oven Reviews & More
Buying information on Ooni (Uuni), Bakerstone, Roccbox-Gozney, KettlePizza and Other Wood, Pellet & Gas Fired Pizza Ovens
What could be more fun than firing up your own wood, pellet or gas fired pizza oven! Imagine making amazing pizza cooked in your own back yard pizza oven. Nothing matches the taste of home-made pizza! We test the most popular outdoor pizza ovens such as Ooni, Rocckbox-Gozney, KettlePizza and Bakerstone so you can make the best choice for your home pizza oven.
The Uuni Ooni 3 is the highest rated and top selling pizza oven in our pizza oven rankings. The Uuni Ooni 3 outdoor wood fired pizza oven is a proven, well built machine capable of cooking up to 13” pizzas. It is a versatile wood burning pizza oven oven that will transform any outdoor cooking experience with amazing pizza making results.
Cooking outdoors with gas has never been so simple with the new Uuni Ooni Koda. Bring your pizza game to any outdoor party thanks to Ooni Koda’s portable design, crafted for ultimate speed, convenience and ease of use. Use the heat control dial to cook Neapolitan-style pizza in just 60 seconds with the convenience of gas!
More Great Pizza Oven Reviews
Roccbox will transform how you cook at home. You can use both traditional (wood-fired) and convenience methods (on gas) with the easily detachable burners. The super fast heat-up, rolling flame and blazing-hot temperatures let you bake, roast, grill, sear or barbecue food in a fraction of the usual cooking time.
Turn your charcoal grill into a wood-fired pizza oven with a highest rated KettlePizza Pizza Oven Kit. KettlePizza works with all kettle grills including Weber. The basic KettlePizza kit includes a laser machined stainless steel riser sleeve, a high-temp thermometer, wood handles with stainless hardware and a 14 inch pro pizza pan.
The Napoli Pizza Oven – Wood Fired & Gas Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven is the most affordable, high quality, portable, wood fire, charcoal, pellet and gas outdoor pizza oven available. (Napoli Propane Gas Attachment sold separately) In addition to pizza, you can cook a wide variety of foods, including meat, fish, vegetables and dessert pizzas. This wood fire & gas outdoor pizza oven is extremely fun and addictive to use.
The brick ovens of Italy are renowned for legendary artisan pizzas, with perfectly crisp crust and toppings melded together. Now enjoy true artisan style pizza on your own patio with the portable Italia Artisan Pizza Oven. Specially designed features replicate the performance of a wood-fired brick oven – from its double walled construction and specially designed burners to its ventilation and cordierite ceramic pizza stone.
The KettlePizza Gas Pro is our highest rated pizza oven kit for propane and natural gas cooking grills. The unit creates a cooking chamber that focuses the heat into a small space which is great for getting the tops of your pizzas brown and properly cooked. The KettlePizza Gas Pro is intended for grills with at least three burners and a minimum cooking area of 24 inches wide by 17 inches deep. Just place the Gas Pro enclosure and stone onto your grill surface, allow it to adequately heat up (about 20 minutes for the chamber and stone) and start cooking pizzas!
The Platinum Plus Wood Fired Pizza Oven is one of the top tier ovens made by ilFornino, boasting over 1000 square inches of cooking space. Constructed from the proprietary one flat cooking surface, the flooring guarantees even heat distribution and retention. Both highly functional and reliable, this oven is perfect for the serious outdoor cook. Heavy gauge stainless steel with double walls exceeding 6″ in thickness for the ultimate heat retention, along with an adjustable stand for ultimate convenience.
Great Pizza Cookbooks
Anthony Tassinello has spent the last two decades cooking at the iconic Chez Panisse Restaurant in Berkeley, California. His passion for wood-fired cookery, baking, and pastry and cocktail culture keeps him busy all four seasons. Anthony’s work has appeared in the New York Times Magazine, SF Magazine, The Huffington Post, NPR, and numerous cookbooks.
The Pizza Bible is a complete master class in making delicious, perfect, pizzeria-style pizza at home, with more than seventy-five recipes covering every style you know and love, as well as those you’ve yet to fall in love with. Pizzaiolo and twelve-time world pizza champion Tony Gemignani shares all his insider secrets for making amazing pizza in home kitchens.
In Flour Water Salt Yeast, Forkish translates his obsessively honed craft into scores of recipes for rustic boules and Neapolitan-style pizzas, all suited for the home baker. Forkish developed and tested all of the recipes in his home oven, and his impeccable formulas and clear instructions result in top-quality artisan breads and pizzas that stand up against those sold in the best bakeries anywhere.
Popular Pizza Oven Videos
This interview was conducted in July of 2021 between Al Contarino Inventor of the KettlePizza and Chris Barillo Professional Chef and Author. Barillo: Thank you
Many people have dreams of having a real brick or stone pizza oven in their back yard. I can’t blame them! Some people even want to
- Debating on getting Karu 12g vs Karu 12 October 2, 2023submitted by /u/BBoy_paintball [link] [comments]
- KARU 12G first try October 2, 2023Maybe a little bit too much wood fuel. But came out really nice for the first time. Next time a little bit less wood. 😅 submitted by /u/J420i [link] [comments]
- Progress photo October 2, 2023I have never had a hobby that provides as much instant gratification as this one. Similarly, I have never been as enthusiastic about practicing before either! This photo is a chicken, pesto and cherry tomato pizza I made tonight. I am happy with the dough and base once cooked but I really need to work […]
- My first pizza on the Karu 16 October 2, 2023I used charcoal and apple wood (bought from Bunnings). I used the 4 hour dough recipe from the Ooni booklet. Toppings were prosciutto, bocconcini and shredded mozzarella. This was the best one. The first one I did on a screen as I wanted one I wouldn’t potential ruin on launch. The second had a little […]
- Throwing in a piece of wood when using gas ? October 2, 2023I’ve seen it done with the much bigger Gonzey Domes, but I have a Kari 12. What I’m talking about is using gas to get oven up to temp, then right before launching a pizza throwing a piece of wood in to ignite and give that smoke flavor while the pizza cooks. There isn’t much […]
- 3rd attempt on Karu 12 October 2, 2023Mixed results on my first couple attempts, but happy with this result. Open to any feedback/observations based on the photos. Used Vito Iacopelli’s poolish-based recipe. Used a base of lump hardwood charcoal and oak logs on top as needed. submitted by /u/Cultural-Chance-8216 [link] [comments]
- Karu 16 hotter than 860F and long preheat time with natural gas October 1, 2023New Ooni owner here. After 50 mins of preheating with natural gas, the hottest I am able to get my oven is 860F. Is this preheat time and max temperature normal? I thought I should be able to get it to 950F and in a much shorter preheat time than almost an hour. submitted by […]
- Karu 16 ceiling separation October 1, 2023The ceiling of my Karu 16 has separated from the rest of the oven at the rear hatch. Is this normal? submitted by /u/buckguy22 [link] [comments]
- Pepperoni with 48 Hour Cold Ferment September 28, 2023submitted by /u/fullyoperational [link] [comments]
- Pizzas at altitude (7,300ft) September 21, 2023Dear Pizzaiolas - my Karu 16 (gas burner) temperature never exceeds 830F. I live in Colorado at 7,300ft. Anyone at that altitude having / not having this problem? 🙏 submitted by /u/Confused_n_Happy [link] [comments]
- Orange Flame? September 19, 2023Why is my oven flaring up? How do I clean it back there? https://preview.redd.it/b81smns5n8pb1.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0312104a8617e269fa3757fd6d163ee444b49b16 submitted by /u/AtomcKitty [link] [comments]
- Poolish nearly 48h September 14, 2023Hey guys i couldnt make pizza yesterday so my poolish is probably nearly 48h now, it still got bubbles, not double the size and when its smell a lil bit like alcohol but the smell go away immediately, can i still use it to make pizza? Thanks in advance submitted by /u/TopPlankton2278 [link] [comments]
- How long do you leave the dough out of the fridge the day you make pizza? September 13, 2023Yesterday I left the dough out about 8 hours before I stretched it. In this case, the dough was very hard to stretch. Not sure if related or not? Anyways, how long do you leave pizza out from the fridge the day of pizza making? submitted by /u/solidsimpson [link] [comments]
- using house propane? September 8, 2023I have a koda 16 and we bought a house that has one of those 500 gallon submarine type tanks. there is a stub ran for a gas grill and I've ordered the correct hose, hooked it up and gas grill is working. I want to do the same with the ooni. but am concerned […]
- Pizza day is my favorite day September 4, 2023submitted by /u/jstanother1 [link] [comments]
- Proper Pepperoni for pizza need it. UK September 2, 2023Looking for a source of good pepperoni in the UK. I tried a lot of the pepperoni/salami from the shops like Tesco, and Morrison but this It's not restaurant-level. My favourite is from Pizza Express. Mail order would be fine. submitted by /u/NusuZST [link] [comments]